What is interim reporting?
Some clients report regular updates of their pension liabilities and forecasted costs throughout the year.
We can carry out actuarial valuations of pension liabilities throughout the year showing how the results change in relation to updates in underlying data or changes in financial markets.
As the IAS 19 and US GAAP liabilities are calculated using assumptions which are dependent on financial
markets, large movements in the markets can cause large changes in a Company’s pension liabilities.
Why should you request an interim report?
- Results can be used for quarterly reporting.
- Key stakeholders can be kept updated on the development of the liability and projected costs.
- In order to avoid unwanted surprises in year-end reporting through having regular updates throughout the year.
- To meet requirements or requests from auditors and/or investors.
The following is included in a typical delivery
- Process planning.
- Support in setting assumptions.
- Group report and a report per company.
- Effects of special payroll tax.
- Projection for the coming financial year.
- Results meeting.
- Support in answering auditor queries.