Resident abroad

An annual verification of life is carried out for recipients living abroad. Because the national population register does not keep information on deaths, marriages, etc. regarding residents abroad, we need to obtain this information by some other means.

A proof of life attestation is sent annually to recipients living abroad. The recipient attests on the form that he/she is alive, marital status, country of residence, tax registration number, etc.

The attestation must be signed and stamped by one of the following institutions: national insurance office, Swedish embassy, Swedish consulate, foreign social security institution, a notary public, foreign police authority or foreign authority maintaining a population register.